Revani… I have so many fond memories of my mom and I making this when I was a little girl.
Growing up my parents loved to entertain and I often found myself on my mom’s side in the kitchen trying to “help”. If you are a mom you know exactly what kind of a nightmare that can be. Anyway, my mom is an angel and always let me be by her side.
One thing that I inherited from her is my sweet tooth. I just looove sweets. There are off course a few exceptions but they are so minimal that it is safe to assume that if it’s a dessert I will eat it.
As the holidays are practically knocking on our door I hope you will give this recipe a try. It is very straightforward and the only thing that you MUST remember is that only one part must be hot. Preferably the cake.
Also, ice cream pairs exceptionally well with revani. Vanilla ice cream to be specific.
If you give it a try please tag me @olivetreemeals on social media. I love seeing your creations.
Until next time, happy dessert time!
- 12 eggs
- 12 Tbsns All purpose flour
- 12 Tbsns Sugar
- 9 Tbsns Fine ground semolina flour
- 1 tsn Vanila extract
- 20 gr Baking powder
- 1 kg Sugar
- 1 lt Water
- First, make the syrup by melting the sugar in the water over medium heat. Let aside to cool. In the bowl of a standing mixer beat the eggs with the sugar for approximately 20 min.
- Stop to scrape down the sides if needed. It will rise in volume. In a mixing bowl combine flours and baking powder. Add the flour to the egg mixture gradually. Mix on low speed until it forms a batter. Pour mixture into a prepared* baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C (350F) for approximately 40 min.
- Remove from oven then cut the cake. Immediately spoon cooled syrup evenly over the hot cake. Let sit for at least an hour or overnight before serving