I looooove pizza. This no-yeast pizza dough is one of my favorites. I would happily have a slice every day for the rest of my life.
I don’t know what it is about it. The crispy yet fluffy crust? The just-right spicy tomato sauce? Or the countless toppings that you can choose from?
I believe that if I choose to I can never have the same pizza twice ever again. Maybe that is the magic of pizza. The versatility. That you can adapt it each and every time to make something completely different. That suits your tastes at that specific moment.
The crust requires that you have yeast and time on your hands.
Since my son LOVES pizza, both eating and making it, I try my best to include it in our weekly menu. You can imagine my feelings when I searched in 5 different stores and there was none to be found! It was a sad minute.
The moment I told my little one that we could not make pizza that day he looked at me and asked: “Why not? Don’t we have what we need?” In a hurry I said “No” and headed for the kitchen to make dinner. As I was rummaging through my food storage wondering about what to cook instead, my eyes stopped at the baking powder. I remembered then that I had an old recipe that didn’t call for yeast as a raising agent. It also didn’t need any proofing or waiting of any kind. So I went ahead and saved the day!
As you imagine my son had the biggest grin on his face when he came to the dinner table. It was so funny hearing him shrieking “pizza, pizza”.
Now, I will be the first one to say that it is different from it’s yeasted cousin. But, if your kids love pizza as much as mine does, why don’t you give this no-yeast pizza dough recipe a try?
No-Yeast Pizza Dough
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder ,optional
- 1 cup water ,lukewarm
- 1 egg ,lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Add all dry ingredients in the bowl of your standing mixer. Mix to combine.
- Make a little well in the center and add the water.
- Using the dough hook mix on medium speed for 5-7 min until it is smooth, elastic and clears the sides of the bowl. If not add just enough flour to make this happen.
- Roll into 2 balls, then flatten out. Add desired toppings and bake each in a pizza pan for 15 mins or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Want to remember this? Pin this no-yeast pizza dough to your favorite Pinterest Board!