Happy New Year my friends! We made it to 2021!
I have set some very exciting goals for this year. Does any of you do this?
It’s so fun for me to sit down and think about what I want to accomplish in the coming year. And then revisit them when I feel overwhelmed or lost.
I mostly use them to give me direction and motivation.
So what happens when if I feel that they don’t serve me anymore? I just erase those. And what about the ones I didn’t accomplish? If they still hold value for me I move them on to next year’s list. If they don’t sound appealing anymore there is no reason to spend my time on them.
Here are 10 of my 2021 goals:
- Exercise 3-4 times per week. This has been on my list for almost 5 years now. Exercise used to be a big part of my life for many years. Pregnancy was not easy for me and committing to it again seems impossible. 2021 is the year.
- Read a book per month. Another big part of my life. I love reading but somehow I fell out of the habit. This year I am making it a priority.
- Get dressed daily. As a work-from-home mom, I can pretty much wear pajamas all day long. But that makes me feel frumpy which does no good for my work nor my parenting.
- Drive more. We have been a one-car family for many years. And since I don’t enjoy it I usually let my husband drive. Lately, I feel the urge to drive again so it’s time to make some changes. My husband will be delighted!!!
- Read to my kids. I used to read to my oldest ALL THE TIME. It’s a great way to spend quality time together, bond, and create memories through the pages of a book.
- Take my kids for walks around the neighborhood. We have had a very mild winter so far so I want to take advantage and start this as soon as possible. With so many days spent in lockdown this past year, we can all use some fresh air.
- Post three blog posts per week. Posting on the blog took a back seat since I had my daughter. Caring for a child can be very demanding. Especially if said children refuse to sleep. I am trying to be more consistent and add more value for you to the blog.
- Go to bed on time. Theoretically, I have a set bedtime, as do my kids, but I am rarely on time. And neither are they! Do you see the correlation here? Starting this year bedtime becomes a priority. For ALL!!!
- Spend less time on my phone. Part due to my job part due to the pandemic I find that I spend more and more time online on my phone. I want to streamline my job so I don’t spend more time than I have to on my phone and read the news at set times. My kids won’t be little for long and I want to enjoy their childhood as much as I can. But, if by any chance you know how to slow down time I am ALL ears!
- Connect more with my friends. I understand that this might sound a little strange. Just because I can’t see my friends doesn’t mean that I should feel content with minimal communication. I want to use technology in my favor. A simple text or phone call can go a long way in making someone feel loved, appreciated, and connected.
Want to remember this? Post this 2021 goals to your favorite Pinterest Board!