Have you ever stumbled upon a recipe for a fool-proof way to make a dish only to find out that it involves 8769054 steps and the perfect weather to make it?
This is not one of those.
Although I like French fries as much as the next person, I can get sick of them kind of fast. What?! Only me?
Also, cold French fries? Count me not.
This potato salad is best eaten warm. Just after you are finished peeling and cutting the potatoes. This way when you add the vinaigrette it warms it just enough to release it’s flavors and the distinct aromas of the vinegar.
That being said I have polished off many a bowls straight out of the fridge. And felt content afterwards.
Taste-wise it’s not exactly the same but I truly love both versions. The warm potatoes flavored from the vinaigrette and the blended flavors of the potatoes, the onions and the parsley.
Now, some may argue that it’s best to add the parsley when you are ready to eat because otherwise it wilts. I personally like both versions but you do whatever suits your taste buds best.
At this point I should add that, when I am making this potato salad, I almost always use a pressure cooker to make my potatoes. This is the one I use. I do this to cut down on the time it takes for the potatoes to cook. It is totally do-able to make this using a good ol’ pot on the stove. Choosing smaller sized potatoes is another way to reduce the cooking time.
Another thing I love about this dish is that it uses ingredients that can be found almost always in any kitchen.
Fail-Proof Potato Salad
- 4 Large potatoes
- 1 Onion any kind will do
- 1/2 bunch Parsley
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- Salt & White Pepper to taste
- Place the steaming insert in your Instant Pot. Put potatoes on top. Pressure cook on HIGH for 15 min. Let the pressure release naturally. After 15 min you can open the steam valve.
- While your potatoes are cooking peel and slice you onion.
- Wash and chop parsley.
- To make the vinaigrette pour all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- When your potatoes are cool enough to handle peel them using your fingers. The skin will peel of very easy. Using a knife cut in large bite pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Taste test and adjust seasoning if needed.
Want to remember this? Pin this Failproof Potato Salad to your favorite Pinterest Board!