not only it’s texture but it’s flavor too! It was at that time that bottles of fresh milk started to make an appearance on the refrigerator shelves of the grocery stores. I could hardly take a few sips. Then it dawned to my mother that although I would not drink it I might as well eat it! So, I was introduced to rice pudding!
Easy to make, using affordable ingredients that most kitchens have as staples it was perfect for a test! I was hooked…
Creamy in texture with a sweet and cool taste. Milk was not a problem any more!
Cinnamon is optional but I highly recommend it. You will not regret it!
I can have this rice pudding as breakfast, desert, snack or – why not? – as a light dinner. Cinnamon is optional but I highly recommend it! You can also top it with nuts or fresh fruit.
- 4 cups Whole milk
- 0.5 cup short rain rice
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 2 tsns corn starch
- 1 tsn vanilla extract
- 1 tsn ground cinnammon (optional)
- In a sauce pan bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Then add the rice and salt.
- As soon as the rice becomes tender add three cups of milk and sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium and let it broil for 10 -15 min stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile in another small sauce pan heat the remaining milk. When you can see a light stream of steam incorporate the vanilla extract and corn starch. Once it starts to transform into a pudding texture stir it in the rice mixture.
- Divide into bowls depending on the desired size. Make sure you wet the bowls with cool water first.
Serve straight or add your toppings of choice and enjoy!
Want to remember this? Pin this Creamy Rice Pudding to your favorite Pinterest Board!